1. Q: Is it safe?
A: Yes; AG crabgrass control is safe around people, pets and the environment.
2. Q: How do I use it?
A: It's very easy; just wet the area you want to treat with water and sprinkle the crabgrass control over the area.
3. Q: How long does it take for the crabgrass to die?
A: Noticeable results will be seen in 3-5 Days.
4. Q: How big of an area will the bottle treat?
A: One 2 lb. bottle will treat 100-200 sq. ft., depending on the applicator.
5. Q: Will it kill the seeds?
A: No; it will only kill actively growing crabgrass and weeds.
6. Q: Will it hurt my grass?
A: Crabgrass control will not harm St. Augustine, Bermuda or Bahia grasses. Other grasses are being tested throughout the country.
7. Q: What if it doesn’t work?
A: It will work; just make sure the area is wet enough and evenly treated. It’s very easy to use.
8. Q: What do you mean “wet enough” and why does it turn yellow?
A: The Crabgrass Control turns yellow to let you know it has been fully activated. Water is the source of its activation so enough water is needed to activate the process.
9. Q: Why do I want it “activated"?
A: Within minutes of activation the product begins to kill the weeds.
10. Q: How can I best “activate” the product?
A: Wet the desired area, apply the crabgrass control and wait a few minutes. If not activated, then lightly mist over the product so as to completely activate. (Do not wash the product off of the weed’s leaves.)
11. Q: How can I “wet the area?”
A: Use a spray bottle, backpack sprayer, water hose or irrigation.
12. Q: How long should I “not disturb” the product after it turns yellow?
A: Leave the area undisturbed for 24 to 48 hours.
13. Q: What do you mean “undisturbed?"
A: This product is taken in through the weed’s leaves and will not be taken up through the root system. Irrigation, mowing and rain can disturb the product enough so as to reduce the desired results.
14. Q: What do you mean “evenly treated?”
A: You may think more is better, but piling this product on weeds will only cost you more. A nice, light to medium application is adequate, as long as activation was accomplished.
15. Q: Is it temperature sensitive?
A: No; in all of our years of testing Garden Weasel AG Crabgrass Control has been 100% effective in all temperature zones in North America.
16. Q: Can I use it year round?
A: Yes; but applying it to weeds that are already dead or completely dormant would be a waste of product.
17. Q: Do you have any tips to help me save money on your product?
A: Yes. Remember to completely cover the area you want treated. Try and catch weeds at their smallest stage or simply mow them down to reduce the size and area you have to cover, reducing the amount of product you’ll need. Do not completely remove the weeds as the treatment must be absorbed by the leafy part of the weeds.
NOTE: AG warrants that these products qualify for exemption from EPA registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act, Section (25)b rule.
Potent and Safe Weed Control
Try the crabgrass killer that’s safer around people and pets and kills existing crabgrass without harming St. Augustine, Bahia, Common Bermuda and Centipede grass. AG Crabgrass Killer is a southern region post-emergent herbicide for year-round use and spot treatment control of: Crabgrass (Hairy), Crabgrass (Smooth), Basketgrass, Chickweed, Clover and other similar weeds.
If using a safe, potent and selective herbicide is important to you, then AG Crabgrass Killer is an excellent choice for year-round lawn care. Some users in northern climates use AG to kill crabgrass in isolated parts of the yard where it’s not intermingled with bluegrass, fescue or other northern grasses.
Top 4 Reasons to Use AG Crabgrass Killer
1. Completely safe because it's all-natural
2. Safe around pets & children
3. Easy to use selectively—sprinkle directly on weeds
4. No long-term damage to surrounding growth
- Selective Post-Emergent Crabgrass Herbicide
- Kills Existing Weeds and Roots
- Organic Formula is Safe for People and Pets
- Use Year Round
- Easy-Pour Container
- Great for Controlled Spot Treatment
Using AG Crabgrass Killer
When used properly, AG causes very little reaction or yellowing to St. Augustine or Bahia lawns. Applying during the a.m. hours while morning dew is present works best, or you can wet the affected area with a hose, irrigation or spray bottle.
Apply only to the affected area, being careful to dust all of the weeds and/or weed grass you want to control. This product will turn from white to a bright yellow when applied to indicate adequate moisture is present. Apply a light to medium coating in even strokes. Noticeable results should be seen in 3 to 5 days. To avoid washing away product, don’t apply if rain is forecasted or directly before watering the lawn. Reapply as needed.