Lava Sand and Dry Molasses
Fertilizing - The Natural Way
The natural way to fertilize is to feed the soil and let the healthy soil feed the plants. Creating biological activity is the goal. Microbe waste and dead bodies of microbes are the true natural fertilizers for the soil and the plant roots. The overall program is to apply an organic fertilizer 2 - 3 times per year at 15 - 20 lbs. per 1,000 square feet. During the growing season, spray turf monthly with compost tea, molasses, apple cider vinegar and seaweed mix (Garrett Juice). Add volcanic and other rock mineral sands once every two to ten years at 40 - 80 pounds per 1,000 square feet.
THIRD MAJOR FERTILIZATION OF THE YEAR
- Fertilize all planting areas with an organic fertilizer at approximately 15 - 20 lbs. per 1,000 square feet. Corn gluten meal can be used to help control annual winter weeds such as bluegrass, dandelion, henbit, fescue grass, ryegrass, and Poa annua.
- Add rock minerals if not recently done. Choices include lava sand, zeolite, granite sand, greensand, humate products, calcium products, etc. To determine which are the best choices for your property, send soil samples to Texas Plant and Soil Lab for specific recommendations.
- Spray Garrett Juice or Garrett Juice Plus and drench plant roots with Garrett Juice Plus and mycorrhizal fungus.
- Avoid all synthetic fertilizers but especially “weed and feed types” and the “nitrogen only” types. Remember that the only complete, balanced fertilizers are organic. Others contain no carbon and poor compliments of trace minerals.
- Read More September Organic Maintenance Calendar.
Products for pest control, lawn and garden care are available in independent garden retailers that stock organic products and online at the Natural Organic Warehouse (NOW).
Please share this newsletter with everyone in your address book and all of your friends on Facebook and Twitter to help me spread the word on organics.
If you have any questions on this newsletter or any other topic, tune in Sunday 8am -11am (CST) to the Dirt Doctor Radio Show.
The phone number for the show is 1-866-444-3478. Listen on the internet or find a station in your area. Organic Club of America Members can log in on Sunday mornings to see the Dirt Doctor's Live Broadcast.
Join the Organic Club of America. Membership supports TORC.
Forward this newsletter to family and friends and ask them
to subscribe for Howard Garrett's Free E-Newsletter.
Dirt Doctor, Inc. P.O. Box 140650 Dallas, TX 75214
If you no longer wish to receive Howard Garrett's Weekly Newsletter,
click reply and put Unsubscribe in the subject line.