Do you know which seven dangerous food ingredients to watch out for in your groceries? These are the "deadly seven," as I call them, and they can directly promote heart disease, migraines, obesity, outrageous food cravings, osteoporosis, diabetes and even birth defects.
The top three most dangerous ingredients I've found in my research are:
1) Sodium nitrite -- causes cancer, found in processed meats like hot dogs, bacon, sausage. Used to make meats appear red (a color fixer chemical).
2) Hydrogenated oils -- causes heart disease, nutritional deficiencies, general deterioration of cellular health, and much more. Found in cookies, crackers, margarine and many "manufactured" foods. Used to make oils stay in the food, extending shelf life. Sometimes also called "plastic fat."
3) Excitotoxins -- aspartame, monosodium glutamate and others (see below). These neurotoxic chemical additives directly harm nerve cells, over-exciting them to the point of cell death, according to Dr. Russell Blaylock. They're found in diet soda, canned soup, salad dressing, breakfast sausage and even many manufactured vegetarian foods. They're used to add flavor to over-processed, boring foods that have had the life cooked out of them.
Did you know, for example, that:
* Feeding children hot dogs increases their risk of brain cancer by 300%? * Strawberry yogurt, fruit punch and other red-looking grocery products are often colored with dead, ground-up cochineal beetles? The ingredient is called "carmine," and it's made from insects. It's listed right on the label of many of your favorite foods.
* Food companies now "hide" MSG in safe-sounding ingredients like yeast extract or torula yeast?
* Many Florida oranges are actually dipped in an artificial orange dye in order to make them more visually appealing? It's the same dye that's been banned for use in foods because of cancer risk.
* Girl Scout cookies are still made with hydrogenated oils that contain trans fatty acids?
* Many so-called "healthy" or vegetarian foods also contain the very same offending ingredients as conventional groceries?
* Eating just one serving of processed meats each day increases your risk of pancreatic cancer by 67%?
* One artificial color additive causes behavioral disorders in children? And that 80% of children diagnosed with ADHD can be outright cured of the condition in two weeks by avoiding certain ingredients?
* The #1 ingredient in Slim Fast meal replacement shake (powder form) is sugar?
* Some guacamole dips don't even contain avocado? Instead, they're made with hydrogenated soybean oil and artificial colors. Everything I'm sharing here is absolutely true. It's all quite shocking, yes, but this is information you need to know if you want to feed yourself -- and your family -- foods that actually promote health instead of disease.
The truth about metabolic disruptors
Nearly all modern diseases are caused by what I call "metabolic disruptors." These are common ingredients, such as white flour and sugar, that prevent your body from healing. Unfortunately, metabolic disruptors are used in almost all commercially prepared foods, which means most products on your grocer's shelves contribute to poor health. But if you know what to look for, you can fill your cart with foods that will help you live a longer more vibrant life.
That's why I created the Grocery Warning System. This system will give you the information you need to make the healthiest shopping choices at the grocery store. You'll learn which ingredients have been linked to disease, as well as important nutrients that have been shown to prevent and reverse cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and other degenerative diseases.
Back to the "hidden" ingredients
So how do food companies manage to hide excitotoxins and taste additives to their foods? It's easy: They just keep changing the words to confuse consumers. Once customers learned to avoid MSG / monosodium glutamate, the food companies started using yeast extract.
And now, two years after I started sounding the alarm on yeast extract, many companies have switched to "torula yeast," which accomplishes the same thing. Other hidden sources of MSG include:
Autolyzed vegetable protein . Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
The ingredients "stacking" trick
Food companies also use the ingredients stacking trick to intentionally leave you with the wrong impression about what's really in their food products.
For example, one company makes a nutrition bar that's absolutely loaded with sugar, but they way they've arranged the ingredients prevents sugar from appearing as the #1 ingredient. Instead, the first ingredient is rice. But looking down the label, you'll find all the following forms of sugar, all in the same nutrition bar:
Sugar . Sucrose . High-fructose corn syrup . Corn syrup solids . Dextrose
Add all these up, and the #1 component in the bar is, indeed, sugar (or sugary substances). But the manufacturer has used ingredients stacking to make you think the top ingredient is actually rice.
It's a clever, dishonest technique used by food companies to lie with food labels.
Remember, the longer the ingredients label, the less healthy the food. Read those ingredients lists before buying foods, and if you discover chemical names that you can't pronounce, don't buy the food!
Learn more with Grocery Warning: http://www.truthpublishing.com/GroceryWarning.html
To your health, - Mike Adams, the Health Ranger