Dirt Doctor Weekly Newsletter - New Books
The Organic Manual
The completely rewritten and updated manual is available.
Around the world, everyone is talking about environmental issues and the concept of “going green.” Natural organic gardening and landscaping are among the most important parts of that movement. Some organic proponents only say to stop using the chemicals, recycle and save water. Well, how do you do that?
The Organic Manual: Natural Organic Gardening and Living for Your Family, Plants and Pets (March 2008), explains in detail what to do instead. My newly revised third edition starts with the advice of stopping the use of toxic chemical pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, but goes on, in great detail, about the practical alternatives. The organic method has no geographic boundaries and The Organic Manual is one of the few books effective for use coast to coast and border to border.
The best kept secret of all (uncovered in this book) is that the organic program is better in every way. Whether it’s growing beautiful landscaping or delicious healthy food crops, The Organic Manual explains:
- How to get started, how to feed your soil instead of poison it, and how to make compost.
- Handling weeds, insect pests and disease with healthy effective controls.
- Sources for plants, organic products and beneficial insects.
- Pet management and natural living advice.
Thousands of homeowners and gardeners have switched to the organic program. Not only is the organic method most efficient, most cost effective, and the most fun of any approach, it also produces the best trees, shrubs, flowers, fruits and vegetables that you’ll ever grow.
For those of you in Houston and the Gulf Coast, there is a new book for you. My new Plants for Houston and the Gulf Coast is loaded with gardening information:
- Nearly 400 trees, shrubs, groundcovers and vines, annuals and perennials, and grasses.
- 400 full-color, close-up photos of the plants.
- Expert information about each plant's appearance, growing requirements, landscape uses, potential problems, and other interesting facts.
- Precise, easy-to-follow instructions about how to design a garden, prepare the soil, install trees and other plants, grow grass and control weeds, and maintain the landscape and control pests.
- A detailed gardening calendar for Southeast Texas that lists specific plants to plant and maintenance tasks to perform each month.
No other book currently available provides such extensive and reliable information for Texas Gulf Coast gardeners.
Purchase The Organic Manual and Plants for Houston and the Gulf Coast in book stores everywhere. Also available in independent garden centers, nurseries, quality hardware and other fine stores. Go to www.dirtdoctor.com to purchase online or to find a store near you.
If you have any questions regarding this newsletter or any other topic, join me for my radio show heard in Dallas/Fort Worth on Saturday at 11am and across the country on Sunday from 8 - 11am (CST). Radio
The Dirt Doctor
Forward this newsletter to family and friends and ask them to
Sign Up for the free Dirt Doctor Weekly Newsletter.
To receive other great natural organic advice and information like interactive
organic forums, videos and the DIRT publication, you can Join the Ground Crew.
A portion of your membership supports the Texas Organic Research Center.
Dirt Doctor, Inc. P.O. Box 140650 Dallas, TX 75214 www.DirtDoctor.com Copyright (c) 2008
No longer wish to receive the Dirt Doctor Weekly Newsletter,
click reply & put Unsubscribe in the subject line.