It is currently Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:18 pm
Posts: 3
Location: George West,TEXAS
I heard part of a conversation between Howard Garret and Bob Webster about using hydrogen peroxide to shock a water well. I am looking for the amount and strength of hydrogen peroxide to use. Never did like the thought of using chlorine bleach to shock a well because too much eats the seals out of your pump so you can imagine what it does to a body. Any help would be appreciated. Kenny


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:45 pm
Posts: 2884
Location: San Antonio,TEXAS
What does it mean to shock a water well? Hydrogen peroxide is a disinfectant. Is that the idea?

_________________
David Hall
Moderator
Dirt Doctor Lawns Forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:18 pm
Posts: 3
Location: George West,TEXAS
Water wells get algae in them and it needs to be killed out. The usual method is to pour about a gallon of bleach in it but chlorine is so toxic. Howard was talking about using hydrogen peroxide to shock a well but I only caught part of the conversation. The term Shock is used for treating a well to clean it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:45 pm
Posts: 2884
Location: San Antonio,TEXAS
I don't see how you could know how much to use. That would be a great question for Malcolm Beck. Go to www.malcolmbeck.com and get his phone number or go to www.garden-ville.com and call them.

_________________
David Hall
Moderator
Dirt Doctor Lawns Forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hydrogen peroxide
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:45 am
Posts: 420
Location: Whitesboro,TX
H2O2 is a great idea to healthfully improve the quality
of well water. I don't think there is a good answer
for the quanity to use. On the other hand you can't
use to much as it does its job and breaks down
quickly - H2O2 is not stable after it gets in the
environment. The quality that you want is 35 % food
grade H2O2.

I put 4 to 5 drops of H2O2 in every glass of water
I drink - 3 to 6 glasses per day. Getting O2 in your
body is very healthful.
Do you get the Acres USA magazine www.acresusa.com ?
There is an ad in it almost every month from some
people up north that sell 35 % food grad peroxide.
Contact them and get their advice on the quanity for
the well water. I also bought it to clean the alge off
our vinyl siding. I refuse to use chlorine as it is toxic
in any form in any place.

We also use a special water filter to remove chlorine
and the naturally occuring flouride in the the public
water system. Both are very toxic.
Robert D bard
Dr Bob the Health Builder


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by eWeblife