I got the follwing from http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/mosq_faq.html#AboutCityPlan
Is the City going to spray for mosquitoes?
The City will only spray for mosquitoes as a last resort after first seeking permission from the Council member for the affected area.*
Preventing mosquito breeding by eliminating standing water is the most effective way to control mosquitoes
* It is odd they think that there will not be any drift of spray into an area where the Council member said "no."
Mosquito control updates
For the latest information about the CityÂ´s mosquito control efforts:
Call the Mosquito
Control Hotline, 214-670-1733
Watch City Cable Television Channel 6B (digital channel 66 or 76)
You must, however give them credit for having the following on the site as well:
Organic mosquito control for your yard
Source: Howard Garrett, also known as "The Dirt Doctor" is a local landscaper, arborist, and horticulturist known for educating the public of the benefits of organic landscaping and gardening.
1. Empty standing water where possible.
2. For standing water that can't be emptied, such as an ornamental pond, stock Gambusia fish (minnows that eat mosquito larvae) or use a Bti (Bacillus thuringiensis â€˜israelensis') product such as Bactimos Briquettes.
3. Spray for adult mosquitoes with garlic pepper tea, Garden-Ville Fire Ant Control formula (see below) or citronella sprays like Skeeter D'Feeter.
4. Use organic management to encourage birds, bats, dragonflies, and other beneficial insects.
5. Use skin repellents that contain natural herbs such as aloe vera, citronella, eucalyptus, tea tree, and citrus oil.
6. Bug light devices do not work! They kill more beneficials than the pests.
7. Broadcast cedar granules on the ground where mosquitoes are a problem.
Garden-Ville Fire Ant Control formula: use one part compost tea, one part molasses, and one part citrus oil. Use four ounces of concentrate per gallon of spray. There are two ready-to-use commercial products that contain this mixture: Garden-Ville Fire Ant Control and GreenSense Soil Drench.