Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:01 am Posts: 933 Location: Dallas, TX
Mercury is a potent neurotoxin that can harm the brain, spinal cord, kidneys and liver. It is used throughout health care in a variety of products including thermometers, sphygmomanometers, dental amalgam, laboratory chemicals and preservatives such as Thimerosal, cleaning agents, and various electronic devices such as fluorescent lamps and computer equipment.
In addition to its presence in vaccines and dental amalgams, mercury is also found in other pharmaceutical drugs, fish and seafood, high-fructose corn syrup, and many processed foods, including certain brands of jelly, ketchup, Coca Cola, and even Pop Tarts!
A silver metallic element that exists as a liquid at room temperature. It has the atomic symbol Hg (from hydrargyrum, liquid silver), atomic number 80, and atomic weight 200.59. Mercury is used in many industrial applications and its salts have been employed therapeutically as purgatives, antisyphilitics, disinfectants, and astringents. It can be absorbed through the skin and mucous membranes which leads to MERCURY POISONING. Because of its toxicity, the clinical use of mercury and mercurials is diminishing.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum