It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:30 am 

My 2-year old lawn is Bermuda grass, and I noticed that there's a "design" of brown grass in it this year. Actually looks like a UT Longhorn head & horns! Could this be from our cool weather; should I wait and see if it greens up (also brown grass in front of flower bed - closer to house which faces the north), or could it be some sort of fungus in that particular area. Should I put out more cornmeal? Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:48 pm 

I've seen trails, spots, and all sorts of things in bermuda coming out of winter. If you have already used ORDINARY corn meal, I'd leave it alone for 60 days and hit it every 60 days with 10-20 pounds of corn meal per 1,000 square feet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:49 am 

Thank you for your reply. No, I haven't put anything on the grass yet. I am listening to Howard Garrett now, and he mentioned that Bermuda isn't greening like I'd like because of the unusually cool weather. But, as you mentioned, probably wouldn't hurt to put the horticulture corn meal on it. I'll take your suggestion. Thank you. I've just come back from buying some organic potting soil and looked at the Medina soil enhancer & another (organic) enhancer, but thought perhaps instead of spending all that money that the corn meal and/or just spraying Garrett Juice on the lawm might help. Your reply has helped. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:52 am 

I'm not real big on Medina products. The ones I've seen on the shelf have some chemicals in them that I'm not so sure about. I don't think you need them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:50 pm 

Really? Ok, chuck the Medina stuff!!! Saved me money on that one. Ok, I'll just apply some horticulture cornmeal & maybe some Garrett Juice when I get out to spray my plants in front. Thanks again for your help.