It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Should the little vermin be given a merciful death?
Absolutely not, I predict pain 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Not a chance, kill them slowly 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:32 pm 

Squirrels plant trees and offer some entertainment, besides what would the hunters do with out squirrels :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:11 pm 

From what I understand, squirrels can be the main ingredient for fairly good stew.
My mom purchased a bird feeder with a squirrel deterrent. It would shock the squirrel (due to the weight of him) Determined, he'd return again and again until the little bugger ran down the battery and could get seed without the shock. I must admit that I found watching this process quite amusing. The initial reaction (evidently and understandably startling), the curiosity, and the adamant persistence the squirrel invariably displayed - with such animated gestures... This was better than most things on television!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From RAT RACE

While searching for the interstate, they meet an insane woman (Kathy Bates) who is selling squirrels. When they persistently refuse to buy one, the Squirrel Lady gives them directions that, instead of leading them to the interstate, sends them through a group of signs saying "you" "should" "have" "bought" "a" "SQUIRREL" and off a cliff to a pile of cars and skeletons of the other people who did not buy squirrels.

:lol:

Post subject: It is a beautiful day!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 am 

Where I come from farmers put a bounty on chucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 am 

Squirels are cute little critters - they provide food for a good many animals, including hawks and coyotes and feral cats. Of course a lot of people think that all of the above are pests, too. I'm of the other belief - the animals that are pests - the biggest over population problem - the creature that has blown the bottom out of natures perfect plan to keep everything in balance - is, of course, mankind. So my suggestion is - leave the squirrels alone, they will attract natural predators to the area and their population will be naturally controlled - that is, of course, if the humans in the area don't get out of control and do something foolish like eliminate the predators and allow the squirrel population to explode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 am 

I think it would be better to find a way to repell them. My dogs keep the squirrels at bay and you could also use garlic pepper spray in your yard and I'm sure some other thing. I live in the country and the squirrels keep alot of hawks fed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:06 pm 

Squirrels, easily, can be and will be pests of no control. I have many of those pests myself. They dig my compost pile, rip out my grapes, etc., etc. Owls, repellent scents, dogs, traps, etc., etc. do not drive them away. Believe me, there are plenty to go around so do not worry about eliminating them...just try to keep them at bay....SOMEHOW.

My best repellent is my 4-10 or a light shot 20 guage. :D

Squirrels have a dark, tough meat but can be softened in a stew, soup or something along that line. They are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:51 pm 

I don't support your way of thinking..sorry.

Organic gardener
Tree-Hugger
Native Texan