It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:34 pm 

We have already lost one tree in our front yard because the builder's landscaper planted it too deep. Now the other one which seems to be planted correctly is oozing some kind of sticky stuff from two different places in the trunk. There also seems to be tiny holes in the trunk. We've seen a yellow and black striped wasp of some kind (very aggressive) landing on the ooze. If we go near the tree while the wasp is there, it will chase us. This is supposedly a Red Oak or so the builder told us. Its leaves are now turning a yellowish-green instead of the deep green it has been. I'm afraid we will lose this one too. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:11 pm 

I know that the holes are caused by woodpeckers. Mix up some of the Tree Goop, found in this forum, and spread it over the holes on the trunk. That should help the tree heal. We had that problem and someone advised we use the Goop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:23 pm 

Yup.

And the Goop has done really well by me.

Don't forget, if you have some available, try adding some liquid seaweed to it - it is looking like adding that aids healing more.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.