It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:15 pm 

:D Hi all you lovely beings who love to play in the dirt. I haven't visited for awhile
and now I want to be germinating seeds for spring. I had two pots started indoors.
This time, I thought I would do something different. INstead of using peat pots, or
something similar, I had intended to just get a large pot and start some seeds in that.
One of my pots is fairing pretty well. The other one, hum, let's say they went up with
a bang, and fizzled out pretty quickly, after they got to be over an inch. :( They were
thin and tall. They just flopped over and died, one at a time. :shock:
I don't have a green house, only a good size window on one side of the house. I keep a window open during the days by that window so my cat can hang out at times. Very near where these seeds are sitting next to the window is a heater vent, so it isn't just cold all the time.
Any one of you knowledgable souls have any great suggestions about how to keep my seed sprouts growing? Just today, I did get peat pots and started some tomatoe seeds, cucumber and a few other flower seeds. They are now infront of that same window.
Think I am dooooommmmmmmed again?
Thanks ,
amkind to life