It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:32 pm 

I have access to Tons of Sargassum type seaweed. Can I use this as you would Kelp for emulsion? It is not a green seaweed so I was not sure of its make up chemically. If I can use it how would be best? I am trying to utilize waste ingredients I have continual access to. Besides the sagrassum I fish alot so I have fish remains and lots of dog doo from my 3 Large American Bulldogs.
What would be the best way to use these materials, compost, emulsion, blended, seperate, drenching, foilar???
I am feeding various ornamentals, tropicals ( bannana, avocado), several varieties of hot peppers and sunflowers. I also have about 1 acre of Floratam/St augustine grass which I have been using an inorganic weed and feed to try and beat the weeds out. No luck so far there, but water has been a sparse commodity. Thank you for any guidance you can offer to a newly sprouted gardner!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:35 am 

Land2Sea wrote:
my 3 Large American Bulldogs.

If you arent sure how to compost non-livestock manure, either educate yourself on the process or omit it as the pathogens in them can be harmful.

Fito