It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:05 am 

I had two water oaks transplanted (via a large tree spade, 8' root ball) in October 2002. The trees shed their leaves early that fall, assumably due to shock. I have been very very careful to water them as needed. However, although leaf buds have been fine on the outer branches, there are very very little leaves on the inside of the branches, toward the trunk. It gives the trees a very thin, almost sickly appearance. I don't think there is anything wrong, other than maybe typical shock.

Any idea why this is happening? Anything I can do, or just be patient while it sorts out the shock of getting transplanted?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:35 am 

I am no real fan of Water Oaks. Not the hardiest things on earth, plus broke my arm falling out of one when I was a kid. Branch broke, haven't trusted them since. ;)

Applying the sick tree treatment to the ground would make certain that the site gives the tree every last possible chance to survive the transplant. Making sure to put a tad of extra seaweed in the foliar feed you give it would help it take up nutrients that help with root growth.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.