It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: WARTS.....yuk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:07 am 

Does anyone know of organic wart treatment. I have heard about the horticultural corn gluten meal. I have not tried it yet because I can't find anything but a 20 pound bag. Any ideas of where to get smaller amounts or pre mixed treatments.

Any tips would be great!

TIA,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:53 am 

Homeopathic thuja may help (homeopathics need to be based on each individual's body, but thuja is a pretty common remedy for warts)

Judith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:29 pm 

Try looking at the link below

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsConditions/Wartscc.html

Let us know if any of the recipies work for you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:15 am 

Army docs told us to use plain ol duct tape. While bathing, soak the affected area then scrub to remove the top layer of dry skin. Don't scrub til it hurts tho. After bathing dry affected area well and let air dry another ten minutes or so. Then cut a piece of duck tape to cover the area and a good half inch or so around it (unless it is in a jointed area then use a larger piece tape). Keep the area taped off for a week. Then remove and begin the whole process over. It took about six weeks for my daughters' warts to go away. My husband had about fifteen of them on the palms of his hand. We had tried salicylic acid and cryosurgery to no avail. Amazingly when he started playing hockey and wearing his hockey gloves for about ten hours a week at practice and games - they disappeared! Don't know how or why this worked but we sure are grateful. :)
Best of luck to you,
Nina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:12 pm 

Yes, crush up some garlic, make a paste, and put that on the wart. It should turn black and fall off. I'm not sure how long it takes... I'm thinking a full day or overnight though. Good luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:18 pm 

I can vouch for the duct tape method. It worked for my grandson. He has an ol' fashion pediatrician who refuses to subject kids to the trauma of removing them surgically. My daughter wanted that, but he refused. Told her to use the duct tape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:10 pm 

Thanks to you all for your feedback. :D

I tried the duct tape remedy for a couple of weeks. While it did make a difference it was taking too long. Also the tape on my thumb drew way too many inquiries.

I am close to having it frozen off by my doctor. However this is how it ended up spreading to my thumb. It started as a flat wart on my hand that was well contained for several years. What compelled me to ask the doc to remove it is beyond me. So as a result it has spread to my thumb. So I am hesitant to have it frozen again.

I am strongly considering the garlic option.

What is and where can you get the thuja? I might try that next.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:49 pm 

Good Health Place in Arlington will almost certainly have it.
They are on Cooper Street South of UTA. Their # is (817) 265-5261.
They are very nice people. If they are too far for you, they will probably be able to suggest somewhere in Frisco.

Post subject: Warts be Gone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:31 am 

Quality tea tree oil applied with a covered bandage will kill off the warts also. I used it myself. Also look into oral doses of oil of oregano - a well known systemic antiviral. I used the combination - oregano orally and tea tree externally, to rid my daughter of warts on her hands. Took about 2 weeks. Good luck!
Kathe :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:52 pm 

I've seen success using aloe vera gel

Post subject: Wart removal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:15 pm 

Warts are common problem with horses. They seem to get them on their nose. I have always used plan mineral oil drop on their warts. It works. Humans may want to put a bandaid over it after the oil is applied. It will go away in a few days. I believe the trick is to prevent the wart from getting oxygen?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Take a penny and rub it on the wart. Go outside and throw the penny over your shoulder. Whomever picks up the penny will get your wart and yours will disappear!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:25 pm 

Amy,

Several good suggestions given, there are many natural remedies that are antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal such as garlic and tea tree oil. Also oil of oregano or olive leaf extract can be taken orally. How is your diet? Do you eat lots of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables? Do you get 'good' bacteria by eating a good quality yogurt (without added sugar) or by taking a Probiotic? A wart can be an outward sign of an internal imbalance.

I have seen some natural wart removing compounds at Whole Foods too, one is called Wart Wonder.

Keep in mind that any of these compounds that will 'burn' away your wart will also kill the skin around your wart.

To answer your original question about cornmeal. Cornmeal is anti-fungal and the organic cornmeal that you use for cooking is best to use because it is finely ground.

Post subject: Re: WARTS.....yuk
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:53 pm 

Use dandylion weed stem milk.
It works good. Turns the wart black and them it goes away. You will need multiple applications .

Post subject: Re: WARTS.....yuk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 pm 

Hi,

Yeah Homeopathic thuja may help (homeopathics need to be based on each individual's body, but thuja is a pretty common remedy for warts).

Thanks!