It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Black Mold
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:05 pm 

I read the post about how to kill black mold, I have some in the yard where the dogs go to the bathroom.
I spread Cornmeal on the spots and it killed the mold but after it rained I had a couple lively spots.
My question is if I can kill it , what do I do next? Do I spread some top soil over it , what can I do to bring it back to normal?

Help :( [/b]

Post subject: abner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:22 pm 

ABNER,
I don't have an answer for you, but I sure have a question = Why does cornmeal kill molds and fungi? I've never heard of such a thing! You said it really works. What do you use? What proportions? How do you apply?
I'd sure like to give it a try.

slh

Post subject: Mold
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:51 pm 

I guess I found out about how to fix my lawn after mold, the question about cornmeal, I found that information on this website, it said to put cornmeal on mold and it would kill it, I would have to guess as to why, my guess is that it covers it up so that it can't breath and it dies. (could be wrong)
I just bought cornmeal at the grocery store and sprinkled the bag and covered the mold, just sprinkle over top of mold so you can't see the mold use the whole bag sprinkle it over all spots it really works.

I have found that if the land stays wet too long it causes mold, it also said that if things don't change the mold will come right back so change the conditions.
I got some new topsoil and put it on top after the mold died and that helped, my dogs don't go to the bathroom there as much and that helps.

abner

Post subject: abner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:50 pm 

THANKS for the cornmeal info. Much appreciated. I found some sites on dirtdoctor that gave me some more info. Seems as if CORNMEAL is a cure for just about any fungus or mold! Learned something new. Thanks.

slh