It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:45 am 

Anyone have information about an organic fruit and vegetable coop in the metroplex? Or an interest in getting one started?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:52 pm 

Contact Monica Brown
http://www.friscostyle.com/education0705.html
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:58 am 

Thanks Tony. Is anyone aware of any other coops in the area, preferably one with choices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:22 pm 

I run the organic produce co-op at my sons' school and finding one with choices will be hard. We are stuck with the case size available from our supplier so we can't order just one bunch of beets or 2 eggplants. I know I always try to honor requests from people in our co-op but I don't know how others work. We'll also try and find people willing to swap one thing for another (ex. bananas for broccli) if someone really doesn't want or need specific items. We're taking a break for the summer but will start back at the end of August if you're interested: http://www.centerforlivingethics.org/ht ... y/coop.htm

Post subject: Organic Food Coop
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:52 am 

Thanks Mom3!

[/quote]finding one with choices will be hard. We are stuck with the case size available from our supplier so we can't order just one bunch of beets or 2 eggplants[/quote]

By choices, I mean not being forced to buy produce that I don't eat. For example, I don't eat potatoes more than once a month. I have no need to purchase them twice a month. In that small of a quantity, I just buy a couple when I need them.

I currently purchase organic produce from the Loving Foods group in Dallas. It is called a co-op, but isn't truly a co-op. The prices are a little cheaper than Whole Foods, but I have to constantly do comparison shopping. Also, she has 1/2 case minimum, which isn't a problem for most things. I can store 1/2 case of grapefruit until I eat it all. Have trouble with a half case of kiwi or spinach, though. :-)

The BIG advantage is that I only have to order what I eat!. That's huge for me!

I have no interest in Loving Foods, except as a happy customer. The produce is always high quality. If anyone else is interested in Loving Foods, here's the contact info:

Courtney
Loving Foods
lovingfoods@swbell.net
972-866-0012
http://www.loving-foods.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:59 am 

I guess I've listed my info in the wrong place, it is under organic farming. Anyway - I've contacted a farmer who grows organically in Waxahachie. He's already bringing up fresh eggs weekly. Assuming all of this rain hasn't drowned all of his crops, he'll be sending me a list of available produce weekly.
He and his family will pick what we order and deliver it to my shop here in Balch Springs - just south of Mesquite off of I635/I20 split.

Let me know if you're interested. I am not sure if it is too far south for some of you, but we have no Whole Foods, etc., out here!

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:58 am 

Last month was our first one and everyone who ordered food loved it and even bought up almost all of the extra food the farmers had brought!

Our next Market Day is Sept. 8th. You can get an order form by contacting me at the shop or shoot me an email through the website at www.safe-gardens.com.

Availability changes each month, but we expect full selections of grass fed beef, pasture raised chicken and pork, organic produce and more.

Come out and meet the farmers and ranchers - Sat. Sept 8, 9a.m. - 11a.m.

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:13 am 

Hi
The following web site Achieve Ultra Health may be the answer to your question as I was sponsored in this Health related is doing quit well in it.
Gud Luck.