It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:06 pm 

Home Depot also carries a few organic goodies like Greensand, Lava sand (for under $7.00 for a 40 lb. bag), orange oil, diatomacious earth, other Greensense products and a few others. Calloways carries these and much more, Garrett Juice, liquid and dried Molasses, Horticultural grade cornmeal, 10% vinegar, seaweed, garlic juice, pepper juice and several other products. They are a smaller chain so they can be a bit pricey, but worth it if you don't have the time to mix up the stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:11 pm 

Also, Grand Prairie Feed Store on Main Street carries tons of organic products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:57 pm 

www.ajsw.com for organic products and services

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:28 pm 

Well, I trired to post in here, but somehow it got posted in where to buy in East Texas.
I get my organics at calloways nurseries.
I got alfalfa meal at a feed store in Grand Prairie. Referred to feed stores by the nurseryman at Calloways. What they have has alfalfa meal in it, but not pure alfalfa meal.
I searched for nurseries, and got the name and address of a nursery on 35E, just past the corporate Drive exit. I think the address is lewisville.
Sorry, I don't remember the name of the nursery, but I got a map to it, and looked at their webpage.
I haven't made it out there yet.
It was several weeks ago.
I was looking for a particular grass too, and that may have been the search I found it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 pm 

Mikey wrote:
Home Depot also carries a few organic goodies like Greensand, Lava sand (for under $7.00 for a 40 lb. bag), orange oil, diatomacious earth, other Greensense products and a few others. Calloways carries these and much more, Garrett Juice, liquid and dried Molasses, Horticultural grade cornmeal, 10% vinegar, seaweed, garlic juice, pepper juice and several other products. They are a smaller chain so they can be a bit pricey, but worth it if you don't have the time to mix up the stuff.

Not any more. At least not the Home Depot in Denton.

Speaking of which, County Feed & Pet Supply has moved, hopefully for the last time. Can't complain because they're now closer to me. :-) They are now at 2400 E. University Dr., Denton, TX. This is next to Denton Bible Church.

Post subject: Big Box Stores
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:17 am 

My guess as to why some of the locations are dropping organics is in part due to the lack of info. Those that have used them before know that they work, but unless you have someone to explain more than, "mix it up and spray it", to someone new to organics, they may pass over for the chemical they've used before or that the salesclerks do know how to sell, or if the organics are purchased, but used incorrectly and not effective, they are possibly returned for a refund. The store won't carry something that doesn't make them enough money or sits on the shelf and goes bad.

I've always been a fan of the small independent stores, as I grew up in a smaller town and always shopped the locals - they were usually much more helpful. And now that I is a small independent store, I try to teach all my customers how organics work, how to properly use the product and make sure they understand before they leave what to do. Sharing knowledge is all part of the organic movement anyway, isn't it? Price isn't always everything and for the .50 cents here and there, the information at a full service shop is usually worth it for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:13 am 

More bad news.....according to Lewisville Feed Mill (where I buy most of my organic products), Alliance Milling has been sold and will no longer be bagging corn gluten meal or horticultural corn meal. He had to get a shipment from Nature's Guide. He also told me he is having a hard time getting products from Medina.
On another note, I have noticed that Calloway's (in Lewisville) has no Medina products anymore. I had hoped it would get easier to find organic products, but it is getting harder for me in this neck of the woods, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:37 pm 

Jim In Dallas wrote:
More bad news.....according to Lewisville Feed Mill (where I buy most of my organic products), Alliance Milling has been sold and will no longer be bagging corn gluten meal or horticultural corn meal. He had to get a shipment from Nature's Guide. He also told me he is having a hard time getting products from Medina.

Oh bummer. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:27 am 

Eden's Organic Garden Center
9559 Skillman Street, Dallas, TX 75243
214-348-EDEN (3336)

Eden's Organic Garden Center does mail orders, too. Just give Marie a call. She will be happy to help you! :wink:

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject: Organic supplies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:45 pm 

Check out " lone star organics " in Paris, Texas.
They have a complete line of organic products.
Medina 5-3-4
Texas Tee 6-4-3
Corn Gluten meal
Dry molasses

Garrett Juice
Compost Tea
and many others products.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:19 am 

Thanks, Nadine - yes we can ship or in many cases, deliver locally. We are also expanding our "house calls" division. All organic fertilization or consultations are available. We do a little bit of "landscaping" but not the big major over haul stuff. More like having a private gardener than a crew of landscapers. No mowing, blowing, tree moving, etc. We leave that to the guys who mow, blow and go everyday!

Summer hours now in effect - come see us Thursday - Sunday!
:D

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

Last edited by Eden's Garden on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:09 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: cgm
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:09 am 

what a bout winston salem,nc. ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:03 pm 

Go to the home page (link at top of this page) & click on organic sources. There are several listed for NC.
Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:15 pm 

Marshall Grain on East Lancaster in Fort Worth...
I am new to all of this, but this is the place I found when I googled Garrett Juice for the Fort Worth area...

thanks for all of the great tips!
merri

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next