It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 am 

e Craig-
Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure who you are addressing. This is an organic forum and the majority of the subscribers are using organic methods and practices.
Your thoughts fit right in with ours but we do encourage non-organic folks to jump in, and then try to convert them.
I'm glad we don't have to convince you.
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:27 pm 

Craig,

I try to think as you described in my organic practices but it is sometimes hard in our quick fix society. I try to use a garden theory of 'wait and see' and 'let the strongest survive'. I try to build a healthy soil and environment for the plants, and learn about the overall health of my garden soil from unhealthy plants rather than try to quick fix individual problems. This is what I think you are saying, just because one uses an organic approach does not necessarily mean it is a holistic approach.

I think the same applies to our diet, we need to eat a variety of real, natural, organic foods for optimum health rather than looking for the magic supplement or latest quick fix diet.

Organic gardening and lifestyle should be about finding a balance rather than a new magic bullet (replacing one chemical poison with a natural one or replacing one manmade drug with a natural one). We are a quick fix society and I think this promotes the mindset. I agree with your holistic approach.

Thanks for sharing your views.