It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Toilet?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:02 am 

I'm going to need to have a toilet flange replaced. It occurred to me it might not be a bad idea to consider replacing this 20 year old toilet at the same time. Anybody here have any thoughts on a practical and efficient toilet?

I know some folks that have had "low-flow" toilets for years, and to be honest they haven't really been too thrilled with them. They seem to plug up a lot, and sometimes takes two flushes to really clear out the bowl. At that point, not really saving much water.

Recently on Living with Ed -- regardless of the enviro benenfit, that show is hilarious -- and saw they mentioned a dual flush toilet. Are they really any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:01 am 

We bought 2 Kohler brand toilets from Lowe's (I think) & they are 'low flush'-1.6 gal. They had another brand, can't remember now, but were supposed to be able to handle a doz golf balls. Since we don't usually flush golf balls, we opted for the cheaper Kohler brand. :)

Patty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:38 pm 

If you have the money you could go with envirolet. http://www.envirolet.com/

Mom did some remodeling last year and she got a new fixture that is low flow and it does a great job. I don't know the model off hand, but the maker is Toto.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:05 am 

Nadine wrote:
If you have the money you could go with envirolet. http://www.envirolet.com/

Yeah, I bit much out of my budget for a toilet....

Nadine wrote:
Mom did some remodeling last year and she got a new fixture that is low flow and it does a great job. I don't know the model off hand, but the maker is Toto.

I inquired about these, but they are not sold in the DFW area for some reason. Was hesitant of doing web purchase, and really didn't have the time for it anyway.

I asked the plumber I have been using and they said they've had good luck with the Kohler Cimarron. They've had a good number of issues with low flow toilets, but have found very few issues with the Cimarron, so that's what I went with. So far it has been great.