It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:46 pm 

I have just been learning about the possibilities of AACT and the cornmeal, molasses thing and am very anxious to get started with my first application. What temperatures do I need for these microbes to survive. Here in VA the ground will freeze to maybe 3 or 4 inches but for short periods. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:17 pm 

I tell all of our Customers and Dealers to apply Microbes when you will get a rain on them before a freeze hits. That way the Microbes will get into the soil and can move through the soil as needed.
Hope this helps,
Brad
www.WatsonRanchOrganic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:44 pm 

You can apply corn meal and molasses any day of the year. If it is too cold for the microbes, at least the material is down and waiting for the days/soil to warm up. For example it is 63 degrees today where I am. With a little moisture, the soil microbes would awaken and get going. But I know tomorrow will be in the 30s again. If I had not already applied the materials, I would have missed the benefit of today's warmth. During the winter there are always days like this. You just need to get your materials down.

This is different for the tea, though. With the tea you are talking about actual microbes, not microbe food. If they go down today, they might not get a chance to feed before they go dormant tomorrow. Generally they don't awaken unless it is 50 degrees or more.

I would put down the food any time but I would save the microbes for steady warmer temps.