It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ted,

Thank you for sharing some of your life experiences and perspectives. Very heart felt. My family eats, grows and lives our lives by natural practices that have been successful for thousands of years. We are healthier, saving money, are a closer family and having fun. One great story of mine deals with my first home. I was living in a typical residential neighborhood in a large city. The time was 1983 and the landscape chemicals were king. Everyone had manicured lawns, ornate gardens and a swimming pool. I took a tiller to my backyard and had 4 rows of crops growing next to my pool. Bugs, spiders, no chemicals and natural scapes. Everyone thought I was crazy. But in time, the neighborhood enjoyed my tomatoes, herbs, lettuces, peppers, corn and other wonders. I made a lot of friends and converts through my living example. I was not trying to impress anyone. I was just doing what I wanted to do. And back then everything was a home brew. Today, we can get everything we need for a natural organic lifestyle packaged nicely on the store shelves.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:34 pm 

I like what both of you said and I am glad the balance, or at least the awareness of the need for balance, regarding syntheticness and holistics is being realized.
I am glad the government has taken over the word "organic" and I hope more and more people realize that an "organic" product isn't always the right product. I think awareness is what is most important. Being aware of the impact of my actions and taking these impacts to heart is what will make a difference.
The word organic doesn't really mean much. I like the scientific term of the word because its either is or it isn't. If someone uses the word organic, I have to still look further in order to understand what their really talking about. However, I usually learn through this search and the meaning of the word organic changes.
Above all, I believe actions speak louder than a word.
Ryan