It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm 

This tree was grown from seed in a pot for 3 years and the last 2 years has been in the ground. Since it has been in the ground the leaves every Spring and summer are very light green, almost like a light lime green color and has brown blotches on them. There are still buds coming out and there are very few leaves that have turned totally brown and have fallen off. Another thing I noticed was that the tree has not seemed to root into the ground very well, I can still move the trunk some back and forth......that scares me more than the leaves! When I planted this tree, I made sure the hole was nice and roomy and the root flare was still showing, so it is not due to being planted too deeply or sufficating from too much mulch. Can someone please help? I read about the cornmeal juice and I can try that. I was also thingking about neem?????
ANy suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:22 am 

You might look into chlorosis re. the leaves. The roots I don't know anything about, as I'm a newbie. Hopefully someone else will answer you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:49 pm 

I think chlorosis typically shows off color veins in the leaves. You don't mention the kind of oak or where you are , or what kind of soil you planted in. More info would help. Some trees will never flourish if placed in the wrong environment. Use compost around the tree to improve soil and don't over water. Foliar feeding with seaweed may help too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:16 am 

That's pretty good :) :D

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:57 pm 

My (non-expert) take on this:

The yellowing could be caused by a lack of some mineral or nutrient in the soil (not necessarily iron). Some good organic amendments like compost, green sand, etc should help, though it might take some time. Foliar spraying with seaweed, Garrett juice, apple cider vinegar, molasses, etc (search this site for proper amounts to mix with water for spraying) will help. Take a look at the Sick Tree Treatment on this site and give it a try.

The fact that the tree+root ball can still move around shows that the tree is basically sitting in a pot in the ground. In other words the roots haven't spread out to the surrounding soil as they should. If that tree was in a pot for 3 years, I think it's a good bet that it became really root-bound with circling girdling roots. If it was planted like that, without cutting the circling roots, the roots would have a difficult time branching out and may also be choking the tree as it's gotten bigger. You may need to carefully remove some soil from the root ball and investigate. If there are roots circling the tree, they will need to be cut.