It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 am 

I work from home - call center customer service, thus I'm on a headset answering calls for 8 hours. The best thing I did was set up a feeding station outside my window. In additon to a feeder and bird bath I spread seed on the ground, grapes in the tree and feed on the window ledge. I also use Bark Butter from WBU which I applied to the window ledge so I could get a good look at an Orange Crowned Warbler. He is my special pet now as he gingerly feeds while I work. Since my desk faces out the window, I am an arms width away while I view the sparrows snatching up peanuts and the juncos dancing around. Even the mourning doves do a balancing act as they gobble up the remains. I have my binoculars on hand so I don't miss the cardinals nibbling on the grapes strung in the tree. Even when the Coopers Hawk has them all fleeing for cover I get to view him as he scours the neighborhood from his treetop perch - 20 feet or so from my sight. The squirrels are just as fun to watch as they ground feed and thus are not dissapointed that I have a squirrel buster feeder. Since my office is in the front of the house, the feeding station is too and it's been more successful then I would have imagined in a small front yard. The birds have adapted to me sitting at the window and when the windows open they don't seem disturbed by my voice. However, I'm surprised my neighbors haven't called the cops thinking I must be a perv spying with my binoculars or complained there's more than the usual bird poop on their car. Otherwise it's all good and you may benefit as well. Next time you speak to customer service and the agent seems especially relaxed and cheerful, you maybe speaking to me. But I won't have eyes on the computer! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:56 am 

I enjoy the same gig. My home office is upstairs. I have a small balcony which serves as a giant platform feeder. I sprinkle sunflower hearts on a window ledge and have regular visits by juncos and cardinals.