It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:33 am 

So here is what I stumbled into.

A couple weeks ago I threw out some very old beer. Two Bud Lights and a Fosters, in my garden of course. The cans I threw into a bin for recycling later. After two weeks of sitting in this bin I noticed a "dead smell" coming from the cans. When I picked up the Bud Light bottles they felt like they had something left in them. I took them to the sink to pour out the contents. Out came this gross sludgy brown goo with roach pieces.

I realized then that this is why I hadn't seen a roach in the house in a while. I only assume they crawled into the beer cans, drank a little and died. On a side not there weren't any in the larger Foster's can.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I am going to FORCE :) myself to get some beer (maybe some other drinks too) to experiment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:17 pm 

Hey Pam!
Interesting. As Howard would say: You are now in charge of this research. Keep us posted! :wink:
Nadine

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:00 pm 

Hey Pam! It's been a while, but yes, I have left a vodka and cranberry in a glass on the counter overnight only to find two dead roaches in it in the morning!

I love most bugs, but roaches and mosquitoes have caused me a lot of grief! I have recently learned a little more about roaches. From what I understand, they do not carry disease. They clean them selves constantly, so they are not really dirty. A good woman at the Texas Discovery Gardens enlightened me to this knowledge which I find quite comforting! I am a little more at peace and not so freaked-out when I see one from tome to time in my house! It does make a big difference to clean all the dishes and take the trash out every night!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach