It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:49 am 

Nadine, your link goes to a subscription page for CR, so we didn't see the systems you referred to. What system are you going to get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:49 am 

I have not yet decided. I regret the delay in posting this.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 am 

I noticed these LaPure filters at a store in Richardson:

http://allergyclean.com/waterfilters.htm

Don't know anything about them, and haven't found much information about them. Don't know if this "Oxidation Reduction Media (REDOX)" is anything significant or not. This seems to be the manufacturer of this "solid state" filter technology:

http://www.lapurewaterinc.com/

Certainly seem to boast a high capacity, but don't know how real that is.

Post subject: water filtration systems
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:43 am 

I contacted Radiant Life in California and found a new water conditioner, full house filtration and a RO that puts minerals back into the water. It seems the latest threat to our water are Chloramines, a mix of chlorine and amonia and can eat up a shower filter in no time. There wasn't much information on the web site of radiantlifecatalog.com but they sent me information and spent a lot of time on the phone. I feel like it is the best thing on the market as there doesn't seem to be much to choose from other than a very expensive full house RO. I can't say how well it works as it is being shipped in and I can only hope for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm 

Our system includes a bone charcoal filter for the entire house and an RO filter for drinking water at the kitchen sink. Judy deals with the company and I'm not sure who the current maintenance people are. The company that installed it is not around as far as I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:29 am 

I was looking around for something else at Costco.com and came upon this:

Watts Premier Zero Waste Reverse Osmosis System
http://www.wattspremier.com/sdwa/pou-zerowaste.htm

Anybody hear anything about this outfit?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 am 

Once you have begun using a water filtration system you will rest easier knowing that..

* You have filtered over 500 dangerous contaminants from your water including bacteria, mercury, lead, arsenic and chlorine to name just a few

* Your family will not become ill from bacteria and chemicals in your water

* Your children will not suffer from impaired mental or physical development because of lead poisoning from the water in your home

* You have taken steps to protect yourself and your family from heart disease, cancer, gastro-intestinal illness and even death caused by bacteria, heavy metals and minerals

* You have eliminated the household chemicals and drugs that have found their way into the water supply

* Your water has no odor, isn't cloudy, doesn't smell and will not leave rust stains on fixtures or clothing

The type of solution you choose will depend on your budget and the level or protection you want to install in your home. Our links to specific filter types will help you decide which type of filter systems is right for you.

We compare the best home water purifier systems for you and evaluate what water filters are best for the price.

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 am 

I am looking for a water purifier. My budget is 200$. Can anybody help me in getting it. I am curious to know about more.
home care san francisco