It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CAT HAS FLEAS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:17 am 

WHAT IS THE BEST FLEA ORGANIC WAY TO CONTROL FLEAS ON MY CAT? :lol:

Post subject: Fleas on cats
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:04 am 

:) I have been very successful treating fleas on cats with two different methods. Take some orange peelings, put in saucepan cover with water, bring to boil, let simmer for about 15 mins. Let solution come to room temperature. Using a soft cloth, soak in liquid and apply directly on kitty.
There is a product out now called Flea n Tick B Gone and can be used on cats. It is 100% pesticide free.

Post subject: fleas
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:44 am 

You can also treat your yard. My dog had fleas last summer and he would scratch constantly. I figure he has an alergic reaction to them. Anyway, I got some nematodes and they took care of the problem. I was really amazed. I had my doubts when I bought them but he stopped scratching in a few days. :P I also sprayed inside the house in thier bed, carpets etc. with orange oil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:16 am 

:? I just purchased 100% Citrus Oil by the company GreenSense....does anyone know how safe it is to apply to my cats anf if so is it in the same manner as doing boiled citrus peels? I need to know fast for my litttle one is getting more infested and uncomfortable by the day. Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:38 pm 

I wouldn't use any orange oil on a cat. The most I would use would be boiled orange pealings. The best thing you can use directly on the cat is Flea and Tick B Gone. Works great and is safe for cats. Will kill fleas on contact and ticks in about 20 minutes. Pure orange oil will burn a cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:20 pm 

Ray Brown wrote:
I wouldn't use any orange oil on a cat. The most I would use would be boiled orange pealings. The best thing you can use directly on the cat is Flea and Tick B Gone. Works great and is safe for cats. Will kill fleas on contact and ticks in about 20 minutes. Pure orange oil will burn a cat.
Quote:

I purchased Lice-B-Gone from a local feed store in Lake Worth and was informed it is the same thing as Flea & Tick-B-Gone only under a different title. When you apply this to your cat, do you totally drench him with the product and then dip him in water to rinse him off? My husband & I tried that and it totally freaked out the cat and it ran across the street in panic. I don't want to do that to him again. The product was only left on the cat for a few minutes and he was only dipped in water for a second before he went beserk. It didn't solve his flea problem-he still has them and is scratching and miserable. There isn't any instructions on the Lice-B-Gone bottle and what to do for fleas on a cat. THanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:22 pm 

Ray Brown wrote:
Quote:

I purchased Lice-B-Gone from a local feed store in Lake Worth and was informed it is the same thing as Flea & Tick-B-Gone only under a different title. When you apply this to your cat, do you totally drench him with the product and then dip him in water to rinse him off? My husband & I tried that and it totally freaked out the cat and it ran across the street in panic. I don't want to do that to him again. The product was only left on the cat for a few minutes and he was only dipped in water for a second before he went beserk. It didn't solve his flea problem-he still has them and is scratching and miserable. There isn't any instructions on the Lice-B-Gone bottle and what to do for fleas on a cat. THanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:37 pm 

The best way to use the product is to use it like a shampoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:47 pm 

Does anyone know where I could find some Flea & Tick-B-Gone in Austin?

Thanks! :D

Post subject: Tick & Flea B Gone
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:40 pm 

Ok, I am just wondering, how often do you use this, Tick & Flea B Gone. I know it says it will kill fleas, but will it continue to kill them for several days or do you have to use it very often.

I have 5 cats and one of them hates a bath and will literally rip you up trying to get away. If you even are heading to the bathroom with this cat it goes beserk. Oh dread............is there no other way?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:27 pm 

We've been using Revolution on our 2 adult cats, which kills fleas dead for weaks on end. What is wrong with it ? Thanks for answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:43 am 

Bradco, I've got to agree with you on the Revolution. I tried using boiled orange peels last summer on my cats and I even used the DE on my carpet, but it just didn't seem to knock them out. I started using Revolution and that took care of the problem very quickly. I am going to try the beneficial nemetodes on my yard this year and see if that'll knock out the outdoor problem. I know the Revolution is not on the organic side, but I had to get the problem under control. At least that's what worked for me.

Post subject: cat - fleas
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:39 am 

purchased orange oil mixed with some water is much too strong. cat was frantic. i live in country. yard to big for nematodes. what is the recommendation for about an acre treating for fleas?