It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Health and organic food
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:08 am 

I've had so many conversations about why I try to buy organic despite the price...I don't make a lot of money. I don't think it is because of health concerns as much as being able to make a statement with my dollar. However, I know I eat much healthier than almost anyone I know because I grow about 3/4ths of my fruit and vegetables, organically of course. Naturally I end up eating more "good stuff" because I want to eat what I grow and it tastes ever so delicious! I feel that if that choice is important to me in gardening then it should be worth it to me to buy organically too! I feel a weird sort of affection for my food when it is organic and I know that the farmers who grew it believe in what I do. I find that living this way makes every meal precious and, in turn, makes my whole life richer and more fulfilling. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:01 am 

Well said :) I think you hit all the points I make when trying to explain - supporting responsible farmers rather than mega-corporations, it tastes better!, healthier (both in terms of more nutrients and less poisons), better for our world ... when I think about how much money I spend on silly things, it definitely seems worth it to spend a little more on organic food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:37 am 

If we had available a "thumbs up" emoticon, you both would receive two of them.