It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Organic Gardening
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:05 am 

The organic garden is a space of land where a crop is made of vegetables, legumes, herbs and fruit trees. These gardens are called organic, because there occur type of crop, which is based on respect for the natural processes of food we grow.

Post subject: Re: Organic Gardening
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:55 pm 

Organic is a buzz word that has everyone's attention. When I went to school organic just meant that a compound had carbon hydrogen and oxygen in it. Now days everyone seems to think it means gardening without the use of any chemicals. I think it is a bunch of BS. If you use chemicals that are registered for use on that crop you are p\perfectly safe. All chemicals are registered with the US Environmental Protection Agency and must be proven safe to use as well as control the pests that are on the label. If anyone reads and follows the directions on the label they will not have any problems,. In addition The EPA checks produce for sale to make sure that it is pesticide free when it is sold. There is absolutely no reason to worry whether the food is safe to eat or whether there were pesticide used on it a one time. If we did not use pesticides we would not have food to eat since there are pests out there all the time that would completely destroy our crops if we did not use pesticides.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:36 pm 
"Organic" as it is used today just refers to gardening without the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. A better word to use would be "natural."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 pm 

I think Pernell might be happier if he were posting to a forum where not so many of us have been extremely successful with a 100% organic approach. There are people who have tried the organic approach and not been successful. I believe there are many more who have become the pride of their neighborhoods after they switched.