It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 pm 

Bought liquid BTi (Microbe-Lift BMC, 8% BTi equivalent to 1200 international toxic units per mg) but the instructions are for adding to standing water. What dilution ratio do I use for best results spraying in the garden? The instructions say dosage should be 2.5ml per 1,000 gallons of (standing) water. I have about 4,000 sq. ft. Of planted area to spray and plan to spray about every 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 pm 

Where did you buy it and what size bottle did it come in? What is the brand? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am 

I'm curious where you got it as well.

I had standing water in my yard and adjacent lot. I put some dunks in. 2 days later I saw there was still mosquito larvae in there so I added BTI bits as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:46 pm 

Brand was Microbe-Lift BMC, Liquid BTi, 6 oz bottle. I bought it online when I couldn't find a local source for it. I don't remember the vendor off the top of my head, though. it may have been "http://www.drsfostersmith.com". Now I just need to figure out how much to dilute it for spraying in the garden. Want to use enough to get the mosquitos but not so much to be wasteful as I figure I'll need to make several applications throughout the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 pm 

Yeah I couldn't find it local either. I ended up using the dunks and bits. I needed it all for standing water in my yard and adjacent lot.

Check this out. I think this will help.

http://www.naturalenviro.com/productinfo.php?sku=4000-501&surl=mosquito-control
I'm saving this in my favorites for myself.

Good Luck,
JP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 am 

Me too! I'd like to be certain of the dilution rates for the Liquid BTI products. Aquabac is the only product that discussed dilution rates for diluted ground applications at 2400 ml per hectare in LA with a 97% effectiveness rating against Culex pipiens. (per a technical bulletin produced by Becker Microbial Products, Inc.) see www.myadapco.com

I am guessing that that translates to approx 1.5 oz (44.36ml) for 2,000 sf yard. NOT SURE of my math at all. so if anyone has better info please share !!!

The Microbe-lift product looks to be the same ass Aquabac, but the applications indicate for pond and water feature use only. Not ground or "entire site" spray.
I don't want to waste time and money if possible - but I DO want to eliminate Mosquitoes !!!
thanks. Pat - Houston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:58 pm 

Hey, robsonpat - thanks for the info. I'll check out your links and other info and see what I can come up with. I'm not too worried about the pond use vs. ground use - I'm thinking the dilution rate differences will factor that out, and am going to assume my stuff is basically the same as the Aquabac product. Anyway, I've already spent my money on the product so I'm not going to worry about those sunk costs!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:12 am 

I used bits in standing water that was full of larvae and the next day they were dead!

Organic gardener
Tree-Hugger
Native Texan