It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:21 pm 

It's great to find the Dirt Doctor forums, in which many of my unanswered questions can be resolved! From a "never gardened in my life" start in February 2011 at the Shady Grove Community Garden & Orchard; to a manager of Celebration Community Garden in Irving, Texas in a very short number of months, the learning curve was fierce. It's been so rewarding, however. :mrgreen: I'm a fan of the Teach in order to learn philosophy; as a means to pass along the learning gained almost on a daily basis each month. Most of my understanding of gardening comes from having great mentors in the form of Master Gardeners and Master Composters as well as fellow community gardeners who put time in Grand Prairie & Irving. I'm afraid that I pestered the Dickens out of them; so it will be with relief I'm sure for them to hear that I've got y'all to interact with NOW :shock:
For the record, my gardening experience has been an evolution beginning with raised-bed organic gardening at the SGCG&O through several iterations of hybrid Lasagna Gardening, through and now to Back to Eden style row gardening. I get invited to sister community gardens and it turns out that raised-bed gardening is the easiest to teach the fundamentals to beginners; but Back to Eden style row gardening produces the most groceries proportionate to the energy and materials put into producing organic veggies, que no?
Hope to have some lively discussions with y'all! Warren Richardson, the GardenDude

Last edited by GardenDude on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:36 pm 

Welcome to the forum! (I keep looking for the "Like" button, but....) :lol:

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach