It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Victor Dog Food
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dear Howard: I know you have switched on your dog food. Why did you make this change? (Klaus W)

One of the main reasons for the change is that Victor has no toxic preservatives, corn, wheat, soy, or gluten in any of their products. They also have grain free products which is what we give our dogs. I strongly recommend trying Victor.

http://www.victordogfood.com/

Post subject: Re: Victor Dog Food
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:11 pm 

I am giving the salmon and sweet potato blend to my dog who has wheat allergies. He loves it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am 

Northwesterner, are you still using Victor dogfood? I see that you switched from Muenster last year?

We have a new puppy and I picked up small bag of muenster to try it out. They seem to like it and I'm just about of product. Looking for a good natural product and Victor is one that has come up along with many others, including Muenster. One concern about Muenster is their inclusion of Diatomaceous earth....for caking purposes I guess.

Not looking to break the bank (organics) just looking for a good natural dog food without all of the by products

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:03 pm 

I like the Muenster and still use it on occasion for my dogs who don't have grain and chicken allergies. The DE isn't a problem - you'll find food grade DE in various livestock and dog foods. My chocolate lab still gets the Victor salmon and potato food.

I buy dog food sometimes at Tractor Supply, where one of their better brands has several varieties that contain no grain or chicken and it costs a few dollars less than Muenster. One of these days I'll be trying that brand on the lab to see if he tolerates it or starts scratching again. This isn't a very scientific process. :)