It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:54 am 

I've read the posts regarding this process. I would like to try this. Would you please let me know if I can apply this with a hose end sprayer? If so, what setting do I use? I can go from teaspoons to ounces on my sprayer. I have 1000 sf to cover. If it can't be done this way, how have others completed this process. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:30 am 

This question was answered in a thread that was active yesterday. It's the same people answering the question wherever you post it, so please only post a question once.

https://www.dirtdoctor.com/efl/dirtDoctor/drainage-problems-t22449.html?sid=dc24d081758963ef62995b04c951d3fc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 am 

Sorry if I posted it twice, but the e-mail I received telling me my question had been answered said something about 'drainage problems'. That wasn't my question. So I thought something was fouled up in the system. My question was if I could use a hose-end sprayer, so, I didn't think MY question had been answered. I now see that it has been answered and I appreciate it very much.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:48 pm 

I didn't see the answer on that other message. Here's how you do it.

If you know you have 2,000 square feet and you want to apply 3 ounces per 1,000 square feet, then I hope it's an easy jump to determine that you need 6 ounces of shampoo. Okay, then pour 6 ounces of shampoo into the sprayer bottle. Slowly fill the bottle with water so you don't have a bottle full of foam. Set the sprayer on any setting you like and start spraying. Try to get the spray as even as you can to apply evenly across the entire yard. When the bottle is empty you have applied 6 ounces. The amount of water you use doesn't matter. In fact you should follow up the shampoo with 1/2 to 1 inch of irrigation or rain. Also it really does not matter if you apply at 3 ounces per 1,000 or 30 ounces per 1,000. You cannot make a mistake with this. One guru tried it at 60 ounces per 1,000 and applied week after week. It was fine. I tried 3 ounces back in 2012 and the soil still gets a little softer than I'd like after it rains.