It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:23 pm 

In my area, Garrett Juice Pro is not available except paying exorbitant shipping. I bought some Bio SI and would like to know how much Bio SI should I mix with Garrett Juice Plus per gallon for plant or soil drench.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:47 am 

Many of those formulas are variable - the Library of Organic information has a link with some general information and information about the company web page.

So, a rule of thumb I tend to follow when mixing up something to use as a drench is to add a couple of tablespoons of each ingredient per gallon of water. The place where I stop short is when considering the nature of the products being added. If I'm doing foliar feeding or a drench to fertilize or add biological activity to the soil, I don't add anything that acts like a pesticide or herbicide (such as spinosad or orange oil). I keep it to the Garrett Juice, the bio-stuff, maybe add a dollop of molasses from the kitchen, or even an organic liquid fertilizer. When I plan for killing insect pests I use some orange oil or spinosad and give the garden a bit of a kick by adding Garrett Juice or fertilizer or a sugar, but I don't combine the killing products with the living products. If I'm using Bt (such as Thuricide, for caterpillar control) I don't add orange oil or spinosad, I just add Garrett Juice and maybe some sugar.

I hope that helps.