It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:10 pm 

I have Gray Leaf Spot pretty bad. About 2 months ago I applied cornmeal that had garlic added. It seemed to do a good job and the grass went back to a nice dark green. But now it's back. I haven't applied any chemicals at all. I applied milogranite early in the year and I applied alfalfa pellets a few weeks ago. Should I put down another heavy app of corn meal or make a corn meal tea and spray it on. Or anything else I should be doing.

I haven't watered at all this year. The rain timing has been pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:27 pm 

I don't consider myself a lawn expert at all (because I'm not that interested in turf) - but I'd guess that if it worked before, it might work again. With all of the rain we've had around here, mildew and fungal issues are bound to rise. The Organic Library gives this advice:

Gray Leaf Spot

Quote:
Go organic to build the beneficial microbes in the soil. Spread a thin layer (1/2") of compost or for faster results corn meal at 20 lbs./1,000 square feet. Spray the problem area with Garrett Juice plus garlic tea. Potassium bicarbonate at 1 rounded tablespoon per gallon can be added for additional control. Broadcast cornmeal at 20 lbs./1,000 square feet.