It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:11 am 

I have been usuing the organic method for going on about two months now, so I am a rookie -

I really enjoy making Garrett Juice for my plants, and I do both foliar feeding, as well as drenching with it. I usually make it in 5 gallon batches

I hear about using Garrett Juice for the lawn, along with the organic fertilizers on the radio show, but I cannot find anything on the website (maybe I have not looked in the correct place), about how to apply GJ to the lawn.

My question is this: What is the best method for delivery on the lawn, as a drench application?

Thank you!

B

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 am 

I've poked around the Library for this one.

Here is the general discussion about compost tea that might help.

I usually put it in a pump sprayer and do foliar feeding. You could put it in a hose-end sprayer and figure out what setting for the lawn space involved and refill as needed, or you could simply spread a very light layer of actual compost over the lawn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:26 pm 

Thanks for the feedback - I poked around too, and didn't find much. I thought about using a hose-end sprayer, but was not sure about the dilution. I will do foliar for sure though...
I appreciate the link to the discussion - good stuff.

Thanks again Northwesterner!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:56 pm 

Compost tea is something that it's hard to overdo. One of the moderators here is particularly interest in lawns, in the former website he was dcHall_san_antonio, now he is user_48634 (it changed with the new website because he couldn't log on with his name). I would recommend simply visiting his Lawn Care Forum and scrolling down through the discussions. He will tell you about fertilizing and treating disease and floculating with shampoo and much more.