It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 pm 

Hello,

New to the forum. I hope this is the right place.

I found an old box in the garage. I have no idea where it came from. It says Yard Waste Eliminator and Made in Canada on the box. It has several flat plastic panels that look like they snap together. So far all the usual Google Fu has not been very informative.

I think it is some sort of yard composter or something of its ilk.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Anyone need one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 pm 

I tried a variety of keywords and haven't found anything that sounds like what you describe. Tell us what kind of plastic, any kind of information on the manufacturer, etc.

Can you post a photo? It looks like this forum doesn't have a way to upload, so your best bet is to take a digital photo and host it at Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, wherever you prefer, and link (use the IMG button up above) and let us take a look at it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:01 pm 

I Googled and found it listed on the third entry. When you search Google use " on either end to search exact data.
See below description and picture:

http://www.weiku.com/products/7973623/T ... nator.html

Item specifics
Specifications
Expandable to increase capacity
Easily disassembled for winter

The Yardwaste Eliminator
The Yardwaste Eliminator uses snap lock construction and individual panels to create a multi-sided container. It can also be disassembled in seconds to store for the winter or when not in use. It is also expandable due to its single panel construction. It can be made to nearly shape or size and comes with its own composting guide.Features:
Snap lock construction
Expandable to increase capacity
Easily disassembled for winter
Composting guide included

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm 

The Yard Waste Eliminator sounds like a deal that happend to me years ago when I went out to see some time -share condos,they were giving away, a food processor,aka,a knife & fork, and the other one was a all terrian vechical-aka a lawn chair with wheels. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 pm 

What you described and that image are similar to a thing I had in my yard for a while, but when I moved out I had to leave it behind. Mine was 5 or 6-sided and made of slats of cypress. The idea is that the food and grass and such you drop in have some ventilation but it's small enough that you can either use a spade fork and reach inside to turn it, or you can simply lift the whole thing off of the pile of compost that has collected and set it nearby, then either spread out and use the compost or shovel it back into the bin, thereby giving it a good turning and letting it cook some more.

Since you have it I'd go ahead and use it. Don't forget to water your compost every so often, that'll help it work a lot faster.