It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Organic Farm Co-op / CSA
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:57 am 

Is there anyone farming organically in the southeast Dallas area that wants to set up a pick up location for their goods? We don't have any co-ops out our way, that I can find, and I'd love to host it at the shop and give this region an alternative to fast food and run of the mill grocery store food.

Please either contact me directly at the shop via phone or email.

If you are interested in buying into a co-op out this way, please let me know so I can coordinate with the farmers on what you all are interested in.

Thanks!
Support your local farmers!

Marie

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:55 am 

I have contacted a farmer in Waxahachie that, once his farm dries out, will be delivering to the area weekly!

Let me know if you want to get an availability list each week. I also have ranchers from the Corsicana area with organically raised meats!

email me or call me at the shop.

This is a great boon for those of us without a Whole Foods or other source of good organic foods nearby!

Supporting your local farmers is a good thing, too!

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:53 am 

That's right! An all producers, organic and sustainably raised farmers' and ranchers' market takes place Sept. 8th - 9a.m. - 11a.m. Your best bet is to get on the Market Day mailing list so we can send you an order form each time. That way, the ranchers know how much extra to bring for your order.

Last month was our first shot at this producers only market and it was very successful. We hope to expand each month by attracting more producers of various produce, eggs, meats and those great home-made preserves, canned goods and more! :lol:

The Dallas Morning News did a review of some of the yummy foods, Porgo, POP Acres' beef and even just the country living we do out here. The fact that healthy, nutritious and organically raised food is available within a short drive is great news and we're glad they agree!

Come on folks - support your local farmers and come on out Sept. 8th - go to www.safe-gardens.com for directions/details and contact info. See ya'll soon!

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found