It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: racoons!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:19 pm 

HELP!!!!! WE HAVE A HUGE RACOON THAT KEEPS GETTING IN OUR TRASH CAN. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR GETTING RID OF THIS THING WITHOUT PUTTING A BULLET IN HIM. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! THANKS........SIGNED COON HUNTER IN CORSICANA :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:56 pm 

There are humane traps you can buy at various places. Elliott's Hardware in Dallas is one, and I bet feed stores elsewhere could direct you, or the local agriculture office.

They come in various sizes, for squirrels thru raccoons and even larger... 35-50 bucks... like a cage. I have sucessfully used one to trap pesky squirrels in my yard that I then release in rural treed areas here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:37 pm 

The significant other and I started feeding a Ferral cat and noticed that the food would be gone sometimes sooner than later. After a few nights on the upper deck we saw the cat with a mask on and baby's in tow. That was over a year ago and to day we have no rodents on the property. Look at the food chain, Our house backs up to a large creek, No snakes, no mice. Also no missing veggies in the gardens because they are full from the cat food. "Sam's Club $8.00 every two weeks" Thank's, Glen