It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:47 pm 

Ya'll check out this organization up in southern Maine:
The Ferry Beach Ecology School
www.fbes.org
From their website:
On lessons, students learn to use disciplines such as oceanography, geology, biology, chemistry, climatology and history as tools for understanding ecosystems, organisms, and ultimately, their relationship to the world they live in. A trip to FBES can be a once in a lifetime opportunity for students to explore and learn about ecosystems such as tidepools, beaches, dunes, salt marshes and coastal forests- places that many of them may never have seen before. FBES naturalists take students to a variety of ecosystems including ocean, dunes & beaches, forests, rocky tidepools and salt marshes.

All the ecosystems they describe are right within walking distance of their site. Lucky people! I wish I had time to do that! They need undergrad and graduates for naturalist positions, admin, nursing, genral staff and for other needs around the organization. I ran into the board president, Bob Murphy, last week at the international WEFTEC convention in Dallas and he gave me his card & info to pass on to anyone who might be interested here. I checked out the website and it sounds very cool to me.

By the way, WEFTEC is the Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition & Conference, a worldwide event that brought representatives who are working in the field of water conservation and management from almost every country of the world. If you'd like a peek, visit www.weftec.org for more information. It was fascinating!

Check 'em out! 8) :lol: :shock:
Kathe