Insect Repellant - DEET
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dirt Doctor [ Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 am ]
Post subject:  Insect Repellant - DEET

Deet Should NEVER be Used!

In our opinion, DEET should never be used. It is far too toxic, especially for children. As stated on the label, it is dangerous to spray directly on the skin of anyone. If it's research you want, read the links below and there is plenty on the web including this information. Every year, approximately one-third of Americans use insect repellents containing the insecticide DEET. Duke University Medical Center pharmacologist Mohamed Abou-Donia has spent 30 years researching the effects of pesticides. He has found that prolonged exposure to DEET can impair functioning in parts of the brain.

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/organic/garde ... on/id/552/
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/organic/garde ... ch/id/127/
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Che ... Id=PC33407
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/consultations/ ... fects.html
http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmen ... ent-460607
http://www.beyondpesticides.org/pestici ... s/deet.pdf
http://www.naturalnews.com/030446_DEET_ ... upply.html

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group