It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Howard Moves to KSKY 660
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:14 am 

Greetings from the Dirt Doctor.

Just a quick thanks for all the interest and support for the changes that are taking place. We have been overwhelmed by the response. I hope you all all tune in to KSKY 660 this Sunday 8 -11:00 and if you have a chance to mention the show to other folks, it would be greatly appreciated. All radio people are under pressure to have as many listeners as possible, but we have the added weight of the job of converting the world to organics.

It's going to be a lot of fun. Thanks again!

Post subject: Why less broadcasting?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:28 am 

I'm so excited to have Howard back on the radio. However, why 2 less hours of show? Maybe once they see how much a hit you are then they'll let you increase your time. I loved the saturday show but was annoyed that they always made you start 7 minutes late but even before noon they rushed you off. finally when and where will podcasting be available through? ksky.com or DD.com?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:00 am 

PT Ben wrote:
I'm so excited to have Howard back on the radio. However, why 2 less hours of show? Maybe once they see how much a hit you are then they'll let you increase your time. I loved the saturday show but was annoyed that they always made you start 7 minutes late but even before noon they rushed you off. finally when and where will podcasting be available through? ksky.com or DD.com?

Talk radio is news radio. Every station that I know of has news at the top of the hour (for example 8:00, 9:00, etc.) and at the bottom of the hour (8:30, 9:30, etc.). This sometimes begins a minute or two before, so do not be surprised if Sunday's show does not begin until 6 to 8 minutes after 8:00am.

I think KSKY is aware of Howard's great popularity; they know what a "hit" he already is. You must consider that other shows exist which have contracts. KSKY simply cannot ignore those because of what we had become accustomed to. I wish it were more show time as well!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:01 pm 

Isn't that what he originally started years ago? He was aired at the same time and day I believe.
Probably the reason for shorter hours because Wells Brothers have there show also. Like I said, probably.

Nadine, do you know if you and the other same people going to be screening ,or is it going to be someone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:50 pm 

Nadine, I understand talk radio. Was just commenting how sad it was to not "get the full hour" with Howard. And not to be rude, but the John Krause and Michael O'keefe show is weak. Maybe it's b/c I wanted Howard. I'm excited there's a chance for more people to hear Howard.

Anyone know about podcasting? I see nothing on ksky's website.