It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Injector Fertilizing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm 

Has anyone had any success with fertilizer injectors (injecting fertilizer right into sprinkler system)? I thought about building my own but came across a system from EZ flo (http://www.ezflofertilizing.com/) It looks a little pricy but may be well worth it. They claim to be organic but so do many others. It’s a very popular buzz word. The way they explain it…you use their water soluble or liquid fertilizer (high NPK )organic fertilizers at extremely low rates introduced uniformly to the lawn. I did some math and it would have to be pretty high concentrations of fertilizers to be any effective at the rates they claim to be applying the liquid on the lawn. For example, a 2.5 gal. tank could last from 37,500 gal. slow rate to 1,000 gal. fast rate. Still seems a bit low for me on the fertilizer app. Rate. Anyones thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Injector Fertilizing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 pm 

Depends on the size of your collection. It's not an injector, but Spot
Shots are wonderful. Seven gallon tank on wheels. I looooove mine!

When I used Dosatrons in commercial greenhouses, the damn things
clogged regularly if not thoroughly flushed at the recommended 15 minutes after each use. However, most of the growers here that use them never seem to have had that trouble. Possibly my employees
fudged on the flushing.

Post subject: Re: Injector Fertilizing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:11 am 

Within my 2 peak growing seasons annually (Spring and Later Poinsettias) a full fluid fertilizer mix in my large inventory container usually lasts me 3-4 weeks. When the container blend is combined for the pH and also the EC levels I need "at the actual hose pipe end" We write down the ph as well as EC levels and keep all of them published near the injector. I also keep my personal EC as well as ph meters in the green-houses and once a day when i water We look into the EC as well as ph levels quickly to determine when the injector is actually proportioning correctly. Doing a once a day fast check in a hose finish protects that I do not get amazed afterwards after i carry out an internally soil ph and EC degree for your harvest. Injectors like all machinery eventually need replacing and want to become up-to-date regularly with a few brand new components along with the "newer" water disolveable chemical dyes one can no longer speculate in the strenght of the liquid feed through the colour. I have to use a lot sulfuric acidity in my liquid give food to blend to counteract my higher nicely water alkalinity that the fertilizer comming the tubes is almost clear so the pH and EC gauge are incredibly essential for my operation to guarantee the injector is in working order.