It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:52 pm 

vet did a culture and said my cat has a fungus, since cat's skin is sensitive, I was wandering if anyone has dipped their cat in a cornmeal water solution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:44 am 

My wife used corn meal on one of our cats who had a fungus condition on its back. She used a rag soaked in a concentrated solution of corn meal and water and wiped it across the cats back. It worked very well. If you can get away with it, you might try making a paste of it and putting it on the affected areas. We also use food grade DE in their food, and occasionally put a pinch of DE on their fur so they ingest it when they clean themselves. They won't eat Muenster Cat Food straight, but we mix it with the dry food they will eat for better overall health.

Post subject: Cornstarch!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:42 pm 

We had a "discarded" basset hound move in with us for a while and she had a terrible skin disorder. Our vet said it was an infection plus fungus! Yikes! She was just miserable. I use corn starch as powder in the summer, and remembered reading a post from someone who said they had good luck with it, so I dusted her all over with corn starch, and it helped a LOT. Plus it was easy to vacuum off the floor and didn't hurt her if she licked it off. Don't know any reason a cat would be any different.
Besides, it's cheap and you probably already have some.
Kathe :D