I have an 800 gal. pond with goldfish. I bought a pump
that pumps 700 gph. which goes through an ultra violet
light to kill the algae. I put the bacteria in the pond to
kill the algae. It's not working. The algae seems to gather
at the top of the water fall and sticks to the rocks it runs
over. The pond is kinda of clear. Why is the algae
collecting on the rocks and not running into the pond to
be eaten by the bacteria?
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 7:24 pm Posts: 6 Location: Indianapolis
I believe that is string algae. And your uvlight won't get thse. I really
don't know how to get rid of it naturally. I am not sure if cornmeal will
do the job or not. At least your pond isn't green mess.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum