It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:57 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Blooming Grove,TEXAS
I know that radio and TV stations change programming regularly and more often than not without explanation. I'm hoping that Howard (or someone) would be kind enough to let everyone here know what really happened at WBAP and why. I know I've invested a lot of time and money supporting Howard and his cause, and personally I think that everyone who has supported him deserves some accurate info.


Thanks

(the only "constant' in life is.....change)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Listening Pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:45 pm
Posts: 354
Location: San Antonio,Tx
Near as I can tell the DIRT's home page tells a bit about the show.
At least now I can listen to Howard live here is SA Tx. He makes guest appearances on one of our local stations on Sat. mornings.

I think it was just taking advantage of a good opportunity.

_________________
ZIP
[The Alamo City]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Listening Pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:10 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Dallas,TEXAS
ZIPPER wrote:
Near as I can tell the DIRT's home page tells a bit about the show....

...I think it was just taking advantage of a good opportunity.


I think you are right. :wink:

_________________
Nadine Bielling
Moderator
Gardener Exchange Forum

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:10 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:10 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Dallas,TEXAS
scythicon wrote:
I know that radio and TV stations change programming regularly and more often than not without explanation. I'm hoping that Howard (or someone) would be kind enough to let everyone here know what really happened at WBAP and why. I know I've invested a lot of time and money supporting Howard and his cause, and personally I think that everyone who has supported him deserves some accurate info.


Thanks

(the only "constant' in life is.....change)


I guess you have heard by now that Howard is back on the air from 8 am to 11 am Sunday mornings on 660AM KSKY.
I do not know where Blooming Grove is...

_________________
Nadine Bielling
Moderator
Gardener Exchange Forum

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Making Sense
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 5:33 pm
Posts: 829
Location: Dallas,TX
While pretty much everyone who works in the environmental industry believes in and supports its goals, the bottom line is that without financial support no gains can be made. Massive cleanups and structural changes that have brought us to the cleaner world we have now took lots and lots of financial investment.

As in our newfound ability to buy organic and natural products in almost any kind of store, from Walmart to Whole Foods to Green Mama's to Lowe's and HEB, the purchasing policies of the public will always dictate the way of the merchant. If we didn't make our desire for these products known, we wouldn't get them. Voting with your wallet is always the strongest way to go and the bottom line.

Howard, while on the front lines of a wonderful cause, is also a businessman and many people and projects depend on the success of his programs. As such he must make prudent decisions regarding his programs. There's no conspiracy and no backdoor blacklisting.

And if I may say so, IMNTBHO (in my never-to-be-humble-opinion), while many of us hold a level of loyalty to Howard because his cause is emotional because it so greatly affects our lives, he does not truly owe any of us an explanation of his motives or decisions in minute detail. In our country, we are privileged to choose whether to listen and believe, listen and doubt or TURN THE PROGRAM OFF. Our decision to spend money or join a cause of any kind is distinctly, permanently our own. I don't mean to be harsh, just tired of the "ass-uming", complaining and downright whining going on here. Let's act like the grownups we are. :wink:

Kathe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Making Sense
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:55 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Saginaw,TX
Kathe Kitchens wrote:
While pretty much everyone who works in the environmental industry believes in and supports its goals, the bottom line is that without financial support no gains can be made. Massive cleanups and structural changes that have brought us to the cleaner world we have now took lots and lots of financial investment.

As in our newfound ability to buy organic and natural products in almost any kind of store, from Walmart to Whole Foods to Green Mama's to Lowe's and HEB, the purchasing policies of the public will always dictate the way of the merchant. If we didn't make our desire for these products known, we wouldn't get them. Voting with your wallet is always the strongest way to go and the bottom line.

Howard, while on the front lines of a wonderful cause, is also a businessman and many people and projects depend on the success of his programs. As such he must make prudent decisions regarding his programs. There's no conspiracy and no backdoor blacklisting.

And if I may say so, IMNTBHO (in my never-to-be-humble-opinion), while many of us hold a level of loyalty to Howard because his cause is emotional because it so greatly affects our lives, he does not truly owe any of us an explanation of his motives or decisions in minute detail. In our country, we are privileged to choose whether to listen and believe, listen and doubt or TURN THE PROGRAM OFF. Our decision to spend money or join a cause of any kind is distinctly, permanently our own. I don't mean to be harsh, just tired of the "ass-uming", complaining and downright whining going on here. Let's act like the grownups we are. :wink:

Kathe



That is right.

I almost wanted to say something like that within the first week of changing. I never did complained because knew that the Lord was moving him in the next level.When I emailed him, I just wrote words of
couragement, instead words of worry and fear and not ask him that one question people keep on asking(I hate to repeat it) "Where is he?" --"What happened?" Actually, I was excited and pleased what was about to happened. Howard is moving forward.

Now, can we all move forward too .

It is over.Let's move on. :D

Tree Dude


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:10 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Dallas,TEXAS
Amen.

:wink:

_________________
Nadine Bielling
Moderator
Gardener Exchange Forum

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by eWeblife