It is currently Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 2:54 pm
Posts: 1
Location: ,
I understand that Pennyroyal Mint is an ideal repellant for fleas, flies and ants.

However, it's slightly toxic, and dogs do nibble on grasses. Any info as to whether it's harmful for dogs? Particularly a small breed - Chihuahuas. Or would it not be enticing to them?

I also have horses - any info on that?

Thanks.

_________________
Thrbrdrider@hotmail.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:10 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Dallas,TEXAS
Yes, pennyroyal can be toxic to dogs.
Informative links:

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1733

http://www.canadogs.com/Toxic_Plants.htm

http://www.flowerlinks.net/link_directory/poisonous_house_plant.html

http://www.akca.org/library/poison.htm

_________________
Nadine Bielling
Moderator
Gardener Exchange Forum

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by eWeblife