A permanently installed Generac home backup generator can protect a home automatically. It runs on natural gas or liquid propane (LP) fuel, and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit. A home backup generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items.
Generac generators started in the late ’80s. They deliver great value and come in a variety of styles to accommodate different applications including home standbys, commercial standbys and portables.
How An Automatic Home Standby Generator Works
1. Utility power is lost. Maybe it’s a storm or an equipment failure. In any case, the electricity you’re dependent on is suddenly gone.
2. The Generator automatically detects a problem. Within seconds, your generator prepares to restore your home’s power.
3. The Generator automatically turns on. Your generator is up to speed and generating electricity.
4. Electricity is restored. The automatic transfer switch sends generator power to your home and will continue providing power until your main power source returns.
5. Utility power is restored. Your generator system detects when utility power is returned and restores utility power to your home. The system then returns the generator to standby mode.
For additional information, contact: Bang Solar