Golf vs Other Sports
Golf- a- ganda “author unknown”
Ever wonder why golf is growing in popularity and why people who don't even play go to tournaments or watch it on TV? The following may shed some light:
1. Golf is an honorable game, with the overwhelming majority of players being honorable people who don't need referees.
2. Golfers don't have some of their players in jail every week.
3. Golfers don't kick dirt on, or throw bottles at, other people or go up into the stands and beat up spectators.
4. Professional golfers are paid in direct proportion to how well they play.
5. Golfers don't get per diem and two seats on charter flights when they travel between tournaments.
7. Professional golfers don't demand that the taxpayers pay for the golf courses on which they play.
9. The PGA raises more money for charity in 1 year than the NFL does in 2.
12. In golf, you cannot fail 70% of the time and make $9 million a season, like the best baseball hitters (300 batting average) do.
13. Golf doesn't change its rules to attract fans.
14. Golfers have to adapt to an entirely new playing area each week and golfers keep their clothes on while they are being interviewed.
15. Golf doesn't have free agency.
16. In their prime, Palmer, Norman, and other stars, would shake your hand and say they were happy to meet you. In his prime, Jose Canseco wore T-shirts that read "Leave Me Alone."
17. You do not see golfers spitting tobacco and tugging at their crotch in between every swing.
18. At a golf tournament, (unlike at taxpayer-funded sports stadiums and arenas) you won't hear a steady stream of four letter words and nasty name-calling while you're hoping that no one spills beer on you.
19. Tiger hits a golf ball over twice as far as Barry Bonds hits a baseball.
20. Golf courses don't ruin the neighborhood.
21. And Finally: Here's a little slice of golf history that you might enjoy: