Organic Answers Column - January 18, 2023 - Crispy Pecans
Crispy Pecans Recipe
I have refined the crispy pecan recipe. The one I now use and recommend is much easier to do and has better results. It can also be done with other nuts, but pecans are hard to beat.
• 4 cups of pecan halves
• 3 tbs butter
• 3 tbs Worcestershire-type sauce. My favorite is Organic Coco Aminos
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
• ¼ tsp garlic powder
• ¼ tsp cayenne powder
• Dash of Tabasco (optional)
• Melt butter in a heavy skillet
• Add the amendments and stir in thoroughly
• Add pecans and stir thoroughly
• Spread nuts on a stainless steel baking sheet or tray
• Coating the sheet with butter or other oil is unnecessary.
• Turning the pecans occasionally is helpful
• Bake in oven at 150 - 170 degrees for 4-5 hours (+ or –) till pecans are crispy
Logan helping with this year's batch of Crispy Pecans
Store the finished product in glass and enjoy a delicious and healthy treat often. These improved nuts not only taste better but are also more digestible and better for you. Enjoy some soon and treat your friends and family to an unusual snack.
The origins of the Crispy pecan recipes started from Sally Fallon's Book, Nourishing Traditions.