Print This Page

Organic - USDA's Definition

The USDA allows for three categories of labeling organic products:
100% Organic Made with 100% organic ingredients
Organic Made with at least 95% organic ingredients, with strict restrictions on the remaining 5% including no GMOs
Made With Organic Ingredients Made with a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with strict restrictions on the remaining 30% including no GMOs
Products with less than 70 percent organic ingredients may list specific organically produced ingredients on the side panel of the package, but may not make any organic claims on the front of the package

  Search Library Topics      Search Newspaper Columns